LDF is basically a log database file (with .ldf file extension), which is widely used for storing logging information in Microsoft SQL server. The file comprises of all the transactions that are performed in SQL server. These files are used to record any transactions in SQL server database, and hence, in case of data loss, the users can easily recover SQL database. However, by just double-clicking on ldf files, one can not access/open/analyze these log files. Therefore, a solution is required by which one can view these SQL server log transaction files without any complication. It can be possible to read and analyze the log files of SQL server with SQL Log Analyzer.
About SQL Log Analyzer Tool:
The SQL Log analyzer is a product that enable users to view SQL log transaction files without any error and instantly perform recovery from LDF file. The tool is designed in such a way that one can view and examine complete transactions like insertion, deletion, updation, etc. It only requires MDF file for analyzing the transaction log files and works in an offline mode of SQL server. It support LDF/MDF files of any size and tool has an ultimate feature of automatically locating or detecting MDF files associated with log files by just performing scanning operation. Moreover, it is compatible with all latest versions of Windows i.e. Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and all below editions.
Read & Analyze SQL Log Files
Version Of Product
● Requires MDF File for analyzing files
● Works in offline mode if SQL Server
Compatible with Windows 10 & all below versions
SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, and 2005
Fundamental Features of SQL Log Analyzer:
- Allow Viewing of SQL LDF Files: The analyzer enables user to open, preview, and read the activities performed in SQL server from its log files. Transaction name, transaction time, query, etc., can be viewed with this tool.
- Instant Log File Data Recovery: If the SQL server database file is corrupted, then the software will scan that file and after performing deep analysis, tool will export its complete data into three different format.
- Provide Preview of Transactions: Before performing any activity on the source log file, software provides an ability to preview the data of selected LDF file. Users can preview log files with all its table by selecting them and can also analyze any listed table with all its parameters.
- Provide 3 Different Export Options: The software has been developed in such a way that it provides its users with following three options to export SQL log files queries:
- Export as SQL Server database
- Export as SQL Server Compatible SQL scripts
- Export as CSV file
- Check/Uncheck Tables to Export: Software supports feature of exporting selective table from a database. Users can select and export the particular folder in one of the three different options.
- Restore Latest Versions Database: Database of SQL Server 2014, 2012, and all below versions are being easily supported by this software. The performance and speed of the software will not be affected by the version of SQL server.
SQL Log Analyzer Editions & Its Extents:
There are two versions of this product i.e. Trial Version and Licensed Version. The description of these versions are given below:
- Free Version
The Free/Trial version of SQL Log Analyzer is freely available for downloading from the organization’s official website. There is a constraint in this analyzer edition that it only allow users to preview first 5 tables of the database & from one table user can view only first 50 records.
- Licensed Version
It is the licensed/full version of the software that end users will have to purchase from the official website. This version does not consist of any constraints and a user can experience complete functioning of the product along with its password removal feature.
Pros & Cons:
- Automatically locates the MDF files associated with log files
- No file size limitation for source log file is embedded with tool
- Triple options to export log file with filtering feature too
- Support LDF files of SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, and 2005
- At time of selecting LDF files, only one LDF file can be selected
- Dependent upon the MDF files related to LDF transaction files
According to technical viewpoint, the software is developed with all features that are required to view, analyze, and export log files. On its working and GUI basis, software can be rated as 9.7/10 because it will not work if the log file does not comprises of MDF files. Moreover, to read SQL Server transaction log the only best approach is SQL Log analyzer, which is an ultimate solution to read and export log files for accomplishing tasks.