Email Conversion from one email client to another one becomes challenging if both the email-client software access various files extensions. Just imagine, right now your team is working on Lotus Notes, but suddenly switched to use MS Outlook application. Now what to do? IBM Notes and MS Outlook both are well-known email-client applications, however are not quite the same as each other. IBM Notes (previously known as Lotus Notes) is a client-based application that offers business collaboration effort capacities which incorporate email messages, contacts administration, journals, calendars, To-do lists, and some more. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook is not only an email-client application but also an individual information manager.
Both the applications are regularly utilized for mailing purposes. But still, you can’t open your Lotus Notes previous files on MS Outlook. The major distinction between Lotus Notes and MS Outlook is the files utilized by these applications for mailbox data storage. Lotus Notes stores email messages, tasks, journals, calendars, notes, contacts and different business data in Notes Storage Facility, known as NSF data files. However, Outlook generates Outlook files to preserve complete mailbox data that includes: email messages, calendars, contacts, journals, tasks, notes, and every single other item with attachments into PST format.
Sometimes for some reasons, Lotus Notes clients need to export Lotus Notes to Outlook files, because both Lotus Notes and MS Outlook don’t have any particular services for migrating lotus notes to outlook. And unfortunately, there is no direct approach to export Lotus Notes mail to Outlook. Lotus Notes messages and other mail data files that saved into a NSF are not supported by the Outlook clients. In such circumstance, you have to perform NSF to PST conversion.
Why users convert Lotus Notes to PST file format?
- The major explanation for NSF to PST conversion is the exposure of NSF records towards corruption. Lotus Notes NSF documents are especially liable to get damaged or corrupted because of different causes like:
- virus infection,
- unexpected system shut down,
- power failure, etc.
- Changes in regular business needs, data managements problem, and cost-effectiveness.
- MS Outlook offers offline accessibility of inbox along with offline folders and secure ecosystem.
- MS Outlook is much user-friendly than Lotus Notes application
- Using MS Outlook, it become easy for data sharing and takes less maintenance cost than Lotus Notes
Manual Methods to Convert NSF to PST files:
Before starting manual method to export lotus notes email to outlook, it’s necessary to take backup of your entire original NSF files for future use. Because, sometimes, the original file gets corrupted during the migration procedure, if the process is not done in the right order.
For NSF to PST conversion manually, there are two process:
- Export Lotus Notes NSF files
- Import the exported NSF file in Outlook
PART 1: Export Lotus Notes NSF files
Step 1: Open Lotus Notes Application.
Step 2: Now, open the NSF data file that you desire to export
Step 3:Open the Menu part, Press File menu > Click on Export
Step 4: In Export Wizard, Open the file location where you require to save your new file
After choosing the location, Save that file by clicking on the drop-down arrow mentioned just next to Save as type.
- You can also choose Comma Separated Value given in the CSV Export dialog box, display the amount of data you want to export-> Press on OK.
- Or You can choose Structured Text option to mentioned amount data you require to export-> Press on OK.
Once the process of NSF file export is done, it gets saved into the defined file format. Now, you can easily import the exported files to MS Outlook by using Import & Export method. Simply apply the import process steps in the right order.
PART 2: Import the exported NSF file in Outlook
Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook application
Step 2: Open the Menu part, Press on File menu-> Click on Open-> Choose Import Option.
Step 3: In Import and Export Wizard, Choose Import from another program or file option-> Click on Next button.
Step 4: In Import a file wizard, Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) option-> Press on Next button.
Step 5: Now, choose a file you want to import to MS Outlook-> Click on Browse-> Tap on Next button.
Step 6: Select the file location where you need to import the CSV file-> and then Click Next
Step 7: At last, Press on Finish button, then the file will start to import the file to MS Outlook mailbox folder.
Step 8: The importing process will get start on your computer system. Please wait until it gets completed.
Note: Best part of the manual procedure is that the method is easy, secure and cost-free. But, it consumes lots of time for migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook, specifically when you need to export and import large amount to mailbox data to. In such circumstances, you can try the free demo version software like SysInfoTools NSF to PST converter for easy and fast conversion.
The NSF file to PST Converter is provided in two versions – Free Demo Version and Licensed version. You can use any tool according to your requirements and comfort.
- Free Demo Version: In the free demo version of NSF to PST conversion, you can easily export Lotus Notes mail to Outlook but there is a limitation with this demo version software. User can only export 25 Items or folder per NSF file to MS Outlook PST.
- Licensed Version:It is the purchase/premium version NSF to Outlook tool that is required to purchase from official company’s website. This version does not have any constraint with it and users can help to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook to the personal storage file.
Step 1: Download and Install NSF to PST tool in your system and then open it
Step 2: Now, Click on Add NSF File(s) to choose a single or multiple NSF files for the conversion process.
Step 3: Choose the NSF database file(s), Press on Preview button to view the files.
Step 4: In a few seconds, the scanning process will be done-> Press OK -> Click on Export.
Step5: Now, Click on Browse to choose the file storage location to save the exported data. Also, mention the date range by predefined or manually-> Tap on OK.
Step 6: At, last the NSF to PST conversion will be done, Click on OK-> Press on Next button to end the process.
- Preserves contents originality like text, images, tables Hyperlink, signatures, etc remains intact.
- Automatically create a current and last status NSF to PST conversion report.
- No need of Lotus Domino server for performing migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion.
- Benefit to remove duplicate contacts from names.nsf file
After having a deep discussion on export Lotus Notes email to Outlook, you can wind up to perform NSF to PST conversion smartly and in an appropriate manner. Opt NSF to PST Converter tool of SysInfoTools Software that is smartly programmed to export Lotus Notes mail to Outlook PST files. It is completely safe and easy to perform NSF to PST conversion process without any data alterations or data loss of original NSF database files. The software is created with advanced algorithm to support leading versions of IBM Notes, i.e. from v5.0 to the latest 9.0.1. Just download its free demo version before buying its licensed version to evaluate its features performance. It energetically allows users to save first 25 email items per selected mailbox folder of NSF file into new Outlook PST file.
That’s it hope you liked this guide, If you have any queries then feel free to ask it in the comment section below
If you liked this article and want a similar article directly in your inbox then you can subscribe to our newsletter ([ninja-popup ID=715]Click here[/ninja-popup] to subscribe) OR you can also like us on Facebook